Confidence, Churchill, Chris [turns 30]
I think that, due to my ignorant and short posts recently, I should release this earlier and make it long. Plenty to talk about, just.
It's safe to say that my confidence with a mask and snorkel have vastly improved in the past bakers fortnight (I'm sure I just invented that analogy, but whatever!). I actually managed to spend a whole half hour underwater-without surfacing. I was so proud. We tackled free-flowing regulators where we have to 'sip' the air, so very surreal, and fin-pivoting. Neutral buoyancy is easier than it seems (the added bonus of swattilly reading up before hand helped immeasurably) so too is cutting off oxygen and reaching for a panicking buddy. Honest.
I have just returned from VUE and watching on of the most heartfelt, bloody, dramatic, deep, real, shocking film of the decade- certainly my viewing life. (admittedly it began with Toy Story, but that was, after-all a legendary cinematic triumph) Paper Plains, the soundtrack was the perfect compliment. Unheard vocalists (actors)and piecing together an odd combination paper/planes (who wants to be a millionaire?/the slums of Mumbai).
Other things have happened in the week, including Obama 'the saviour' shrugging off a Churchill statue (which I thought damages UK/USA relations deep down. Not to mention the other, fatter saviour, turning 30 ish. This was overshadowed, however, by the departure of Sarah Cox. FAREWELL!
Good Evening...
0 comments:
Post a Comment