23rd June Electronic post
UNEDITED TRANSCRIPT, WITH ERRORS, BELOW:
I apologise for the lack of updates. Due mostly to the extortionate and harrowing hours i have spent slaving over textbooks and cheaply made, rushed keynotes full of dribbled down and filtered factoids about GCSE exams. But partial blame has to be the obviously increasing and unstoppable force of boredom in my life. Now that’s your introduction! [smile]
First on the itinerary is examinations. Ah yes the shake rendering and inducing bane of the childhood, what the past 12 years of education has been leading toward. The G to the C to the S to the Ezzzz. [shivers] Well, just as I should’ve been doing, my ass was firmly placed at my desk for hours and Facebook was ignored-sometimes-for revision. What have I learned… If anything? Well foremost, never ever plough into the exam with a ‘vague idea’ of what you are doing. i.e. answer the question only after reading and reading again! This being the infancy lesson learnt 30 minutes into the English paper 2 exam where i discovered, to dreadful panicking horror, that i had wasted 3 sides completely pointless and useless. I rushed and soldiered on, endearingly but I fear that long sought-after A has slipped between my fingers and run to hide behind mummy. I’ll have to coax it out in college (god that sounds perverse)
Apropos the rest, it was fine and textbook. Fittingly revised and generously answered, I have decent expectations. Except for that damn maths. I couldn’t do the first paper, it was a massacre of my A. But maybe this is ironic justice. If I was to get an A in maths and B in English, who on earth would believe that? Not I.
The prom, or leaver’s do, approaches and dateless (as is catholic code) with a plum dickie and a snazzy suit, I prepare for the big day (forgive the thoughts now inevitably protruding into your head..[pause].. now you know why i opted out of the salmon cravat). Haigh Hall is the venue and that’s all I can say. In fact, what right of comment do I have? I’m not nervous, looking forward to the nice meal, gulping the beverages provided and to say good-bye, formally, to Holy Cross. oOo I appear to be squeeming with delight.
Gozo too looms closer and as of yesterday afternoon, the final payment was cast and I am, in effect, on the way to Gozo. Shadowing this news is the results of Granny Joan’s medical results. She has cancer, once more, of the same area. We know it is stage 2 and that it hasn’t presently metabolised to key areas nor organs. The results are in on friday answering if she has cancer in her bones too. We cross our fingers and other anatomical details, hoping that it will be false and that her oral chemotherapy is a success and treatment is responsive and effective.
Finally, if this sounds nasally, I apologise. Hayfever is at its peak now and I am miserable. Not even the GP’s 10 MG of Ceritizine Hydrochloride appears to work. My first debit card arrived in the mail last week and with it I purchased, via iTunes, my iPod a present. Software update version 3.0 with ‘cut, copy and paste.’ Fascinating I know. To be honest, I really cannot wait for the September Snow Leopard OS 10 release for my MacBook. A shiny new operating system for $29, or as it most definitely shall be retailed in Stirling, £29.
Please Note once more that this transcript (above) is not the finished piece and the recording varies in length and wording in some places.
0 comments:
Post a Comment