I examine this to be shockingly short.
I'd like, if I may, to pay brief attention to my exams of the past week. I first took mathematics and RE. Of course the RE was simple and relatively easy, but then again it was always to be that way. Whereas maths couldn't have been much worse. Sadly, there goes my A forever.
On a far brighter note, I think that I did rather well in my English Literature exam. I answered lengthy and well all questions and interpreted the poem at the end correctly. In other words, I think that it's definitely something of a career dans la futur.
Here is that poem, cannot talk more, maths to do!:
Winter Swans
The clouds had given their all -
two days of rain and then a break
in which we walked,
the waterlogged earth
gulping for breath at our feet
as we skirted the lake, silent and apart,
until the swans came and stopped us
with a show of tipping in unison.
As if rolling weights down their bodies to their heads
they halved themselves in the dark water,
icebergs of white feather, paused before returning again
like boats righting in rough weather.
'They mate for life' you said as they left,
porcelain over the stilling water. I didn't reply
but as we moved on through the afternoon light,
slow-stepping in the lake's shingle and sand,
I noticed our hands, that had, somehow,
swum the distance between us
and folded, one over the other,
like a pair of wings settling after flight
Owen Sheers
In other news, I went to the dentist this week. God I hate those horrible, mask-wearing parasites of pain. She got some form of wooden stick with a rusting hook on the end and scraped some enamel from my tooth, placcy as it may've been. I won't go into the graphics, but GRRRR I really cannot take that squeamish thing.
Well, I'll go and take a wee nap now... oh the youth of today!
Farewell and good night...
0 comments:
Post a Comment